Dental Crowns & Dental Bridges
Dental crowns and bridges are fixed prosthetic devices Dr. Travelstead can use to repair a smile damaged by missing, chipped, or broken teeth. Unlike removable oral restoration devices - such as dentures - crowns and bridges are fixed onto a patient’s existing teeth using a durable adhesive and can only be removed by a dentist.
How can Crowns Repair Your Smile?
When the structure of a tooth becomes badly damaged, Dr. Travelstead can use a dental crown to cover the damaged tooth.
In addition to strengthening the damaged tooth, a crown can also help to improve its shape, position, and appearance. Dr. Travelstead can even match the color of a crown so that it perfectly blends into the natural complexion of your smile. For patients who require a dental implant, a crown can be placed on top to provide a replacement for a missing tooth.
Dr. Travelstead may recommend a crown for patients who need to:
- Replace a large filling when not enough of a tooth’s natural structure remains in place
- Protect a damaged tooth and prevent it from fracturing
- Repair a tooth that has cracked or is broken
- Attach and provide support for a dental bridge
- Provide a cover for a dental implant
- Cover a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- Cover a tooth that is discolored or poorly shaped
If you think a dental crown might be right for you, contact our office today to schedule an exam and consultation with Dr. Travelstead.
How can a Dental Bridge Restore Your Smile?
For patients who are missing one or more teeth, Dr. Travelstead may recommend the placement of a dental bridge.
Gaps created by missing teeth can cause neighboring teeth to shift or move to fill the now vacant spot in your smile. This can cause a variety of oral health problems that include a misaligned or bad bite, and an increased risk of gum disease and TMJ.
Dr. Travelstead commonly uses bridges to replace one or more missing teeth. Bridges are designed to fill the space in a patient’s smile where the teeth are missing. Bridges are fixed to a patient’s remaining natural teeth using a highly durable and effective adhesive that will ensure the bridge remains in position. Bridges offer an affordable and highly effective means for finding a lasting solution for repairing the form and function of any smile.
Don’t let missing teeth negatively impact your oral health and self-esteem. Contact our office today to schedule an exam and consultation with Dr. Travelstead.
Advantages of ClearCorrect
ClearCorrect has several advantages over traditional braces, including:
- Clear plastic aligners allow you to undergo treatment discretely so you don’t feel self-conscious about wearing braces.
- ClearCorrect aligners are removable, making it easy to practice the same quality oral hygiene needed to keep your teeth healthy and looking their best.
- Removable aligners means not having to give up any of your favorite foods during your orthodontic treatment.
- No wires or brackets means less pain and discomfort from pinching or poking.
- ClearCorrect aligners don’t need to be adjusted or tightened, allowing you to make fewer visits to see your Corvallis ClearCorrect dentist.
Don’t wait to get the straighter, healthier-looking smile you’ve been wanting. Contact our office today to schedule your ClearCorrect consultation and begin the process of taking back your smile.